Do you want to recover from a hangover faster? Would you like to improve your sports performance safely? Are you undergoing aggressive treatments like chemotherapy? IV therapy can help you with all of these, so read on to find out more.
IV Therapy at North Fresno Primary Care
IV Therapy Q&A
To learn more about the treatment, read the FAQs below:
What Is IV Therapy?
IV therapy is the delivery of vitamins and minerals through an intravenous (IV) drip. The cocktail or combination of these nutrients depends on your objective or what your body needs.
The benefit, though, remains the same. By giving them intravenously, your body absorbs the nutrients more effectively.
It is even better than oral supplementation, which has a low absorption rate of 20%.
How Does IV Therapy Work?
When you consume vitamins and minerals, they go through the stomach. This process may decrease the bioavailability, or the absorption rate, of them.
In an IV therapy, you deliver the nutrients to your bloodstream directly.
Since you bypass the digestive system, your cells can absorb more of them. It may even boost the bioavailability of these vitamins and minerals by 100%.
How Do You Receive IV Therapy with Dr. Guzman?
Undergoing an IV therapy with Dr. Guzman is simple, easy, and quick:
- Book a session online or call North Fresno Primary Care at 559-258-0686.
- During your schedule, Dr. Guzman’s staff will lead you to a comfortable seat.
- They will then insert a small tube called a catheter into one of your veins. This tube connects to a bag of fluid hanging on a pole.
- The fluid will then start to drip and deliver nutrients to your veins through the catheter.
- Relax, be comfortable, and enjoy the experience.
The entire session can last between 45 and 60 minutes. During this time, you may read a book or magazine or talk to your seatmates. You can also sleep.
With IV therapy, you experience almost zero downtime. The recovery process is also quick since it’s an outpatient procedure. The vitamins and minerals, meanwhile, can be in your system for as long as three weeks.
Who Needs IV Therapy?
IV therapy is simply a means of nourishing your body with the right combination of vitamins and minerals. For this reason, you can use it for a variety of conditions or goals.
Usually, Dr. Guzman recommends or administers it when you need to:
- Boost your energy and immune system
- Recover from sports injuries or prepare for exercise
- Manage hangover
- Detox, especially if you’re undergoing aggressive treatments like chemotherapy
- Enhance your amino acid intake
- Speed up muscle recovery
Learn more about IV therapy and its benefits to your body. Book a session online today or call Dr. Guzman at 559-258-0686 today.
Click here to view our IV Therapy Menu.